Be Their Champion…
Support College Beyond on GiveNOLA Day !
College Beyond is so excited to be participating in Give NOLA Day 2020!
Make a difference by joining us on June 2nd to benefit our college success program. Now in its 7th year, GiveNOLA Day is a 24-hour event hosted by the Greater New Orleans Foundation.
All proceeds will support our micro-grant fund which provides financial support to under-served Greater New Orleans College Students. When you support us on GiveNOLA Day you help us compete for additional funds through donor matching, which can amplify your donation.
Choose College Beyond
We know there are hundreds of organizations that you can support on GiveNOLA Day. Here’s a few reasons why College Beyond should be at the top of your list.
- Your donations will directly support students. Our micro-grants fund provides students with monthly incentives that cover basic needs such as meals, transportation and books.
- We give support to those who need it most: low-income and first-generation college students from the GNOA.
- Our track record speaks for itself. College students often struggle to make it from freshman to sophomore year, and dropout rates are highest between this first and second year of college. For the past two years, our students — who face the longest odds of college graduation — have made it to their sophomore years at a greater rate than the student-body average at the University of New Orleans, closing the gap between low-income students and their more affluent peers.
- For the past five years, College Beyond has been a leader in providing emotional and financial support to under-served college students in our city. Because of this, we were immediately responsive to the needs of local college students in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic. Your donation will ensure continued access to food and transportation while expanding access to wi-fi and emergency funds to support students during this difficult time.
Every Dollar Makes an Impact
No matter the size of your donation you will have a hand in helping local students complete their college degree.
- $5 provides healthy snacks to a student for a month so they can stretch their food budget and meal credits.
- $25 – $50 covers a monthly incentive for a student to decrease worry and increase focus. Students can choose from a gas card, a bus pass, a grocery card, or additional meal credits.
- $250 helps a student purchase their books and materials for a semester.
- $500 covers books and monthly incentives for a student for a semester.
- $1000 supports a student (books and monthly incentives) for an academic year.
Help us reach our goal on June 2nd!
Our goal is raise $10,000 on GiveNOLA Day to support our micro-grant fund. We can only accomplish our goal if you partner with us. Contribute any amount and be the champion our local students need. They have committed to achieving a higher education. Let’s show them we have their back.
4 Ways to Join #teamCB
- Commit to give by completing our GiveNOLA Commitment Form.
- Create your own personal fundraising page to challenge your friends and family to give to College Beyond. Compete against other CB supporters in a little friendly competition to see who raises the most funds for our students.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn (@collegebeyond) and share our posts with your followers.
- Visit and bookmark our GiveNOLA Page.